Avocado Skincare, Beauty and Health BenefitsThere are just so many amazing natural fruits and vegetables out there to treat your skin and I'll be blogging about the uses of as many as I can...today is all about one of my favorite super foods - Avocado!
Avocados are one of nature's super fruits - they are loaded with vitamins and phytonutrients that deliver your skin all types of health and beauty benefits - from protection from aging to helping clear up acne and providing intense moisture that is safe for oily skin, this lovely green fruit is a natural beauty lover's best friend!
- Compared to other fruits, avocados contain the highest amount of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin from free radicals and prevents your skin from oxidizing (aging).
- Crack open an avocado once a week for a DIY natural facial - just mash it up and apply to skin for 15 mins and then wash it off! Done! Your skin will be glowing, moisturized and loaded with nutrients that heal and protect.
- Check out how Avocados make an amazing DIY Vegan Hair Mask that leave your hair soft, smooth and nourished with our DIY Vegan Hair Mask recipe on our blog!
- Avocados contain over 20 vital vitamins, including A, E, C and K and are extra moisturizing, perfect for dry, parched skin
- Avocados and avocado oil regenerates cells and build collagen to protect again and heal wrinkles and signs of aging.
- Avocados help soothe sunburns and avocado oil also works as a natural sunscreen!
- Due to it's oilic acid - Avocados help prevent certain cancers, like breast, prostate and oral cancer
- Improves Heart Health
- Regulates Cholesterol
- Improves Eye Health due to high amount of Lutein found in Avocados
- Slice up some avocados, sprinkled with some salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes on a piece of toast and enjoy... for a quick and nutritious breakfast
- Used mashed avocados seasoned with a bit of salt and garlic powder in place of dressing or a sandwich spread for a healthy and tasty alternative
- Mashed up avocados are a great baby food all by itself!
- And of course you can always make guacamole - just mash it up with chopped onions, garlic, cilantro, salt to taste, jalapeños and lime - one of my favorite summer treats and GOOD for you!