Pitta Dosha Skin Care
Because Pitta Skin is comprised of the elements of fire and water, it requires balancing. Pitta skin tends to be problematic and has the tendency to develop rashes, rosacea, acne, liver spots or pigment disorders. Keep your skin balanced and nurtured with all natural beauty products that are free of synthetics and toxins. Use our skincare routine guide for combination or Pitta skin to choose natural beauty products
that are right for you.
Pitta Dosha Diet
Because an excess of Pitta increases indigestion and internal body heat, it is best to choose foods that are cooling, juicy, sweet, bitter and foods with a high water content. Hot & spicy, fried foods, salty, sour foods should be reduced. Also, acidic drinks such as coffee, alcohol, soda and vinegar should also be reduced. Never skip or delay your meals. Try and eat lunch by 12:30PM and dinner by 7PM for proper digestion. Avoid processed food, junk food, alcohol, caffeine, fried foods and sugars. Instead, go for organic wholesome foods with a diet filled with fruits and veggies and lots of water.
Overview of what foods to favor:
Dairy (Milk, butter, ghee, sweet lassi and cream)
Grains (Barley, Oats, Quinoa, Wheat, Couscous and Basmati or Jasmine White Rice)
*Oils (Ghee, Olive oil, Sunflower oil, Coconut)
Spices (Cumin, Turmeric, Saffron, Fennel, Cardamon, Cilantro, Oregano, Basil, Black Pepper)
Fruits (Sweet mango, coconut, banana, pomegranate, sweet plums, sweet grapes, melons)
Vegetables (Potato, bell peppers, kale, cucumber, broccoli, asparagus, peas, sweet corn, green beans, zucchini).
Other Recommendations for Balancing Dosha Pitta
- Create time for breaks in your day and balance your activity with some time to rest
- Chill out your nervous system by avoiding electronics, like tv, computer and phone after 9PM.
- Lights out by 10PM for a cooler, restful night's sleep.
- Enjoy soothing music and Aromatherapy with cooling, sweet natural aromas such as Sandalwood, rose, jasmine, mint, fennel and chamomile oils and natural products
- Take a hike! Spend time in the outdoors by taking walks and keep flowers and plants in your living and office spaces.
- Don't skip meals
- Regulate your routine with regular times for eating, sleeping, working, playing, etc.
- Keep your mind and body cool and calm
- Perform a self massage or Abhyanga (Ayurvedic Daily Self Massage) with sunflower or coconut oil Click Here to Learn How to Perform a Self Massage or Abhyanga.
- Incorporate a moderate exercise routine that includes, yoga, biking, swimming - five times a week